For regular downloads, you can download electronic versions of any or all of the sea level observations simply by typing a URL into your browser.
The URL format is as follows:
- USER_ID (1) ;
- PASSWORD (2) ;
- STATION_NUMBER (3) ;
- SOURCE_NUMBER (4) ;
- START_DATE (5) ;
- END_DATE (6).
with the information you want.
(1) (2) The USER_ID and PASSWORD are the ones you use to log in to REFMAR.
(3) Each tide gauge station has a unique identifier. The STATION_NUMBER can be found on the Tide Gauge Data page in the first column of the chart (column "Identifier").
(4) Each tide gauge station delivers different types of sea level measurements: raw data, delayed data, at various intervals (1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, hourly). Each type of measurement is identified by a SOURCE_NUMBER. Once you log in to the portal, the DOWNLOAD portlet on the Tide Gauge Data page lets you know what type of station data you can download. Usually, SOURCE_NUMBER 1 is for quasi-real-time raw data, SOURCE_NUMBER 4 is for data validated hourly..., etc. There may be differences from one producer to another.
(5) (6) START_DATEand END_DATE are used to define the periods for which you want the data. The format is as follows: YYYY-MM-DD (year-month-day). For example 2011-12-07 for December 7, 2011. Note that the start and end dates are not required. In this case you will download all the water heights available for the given source.
Once you click Display the Results, the file will be:
- displayed directly via a text editor or in a new tab on your browser;
- downloaded to the desired location on your computer.
If you want data from the Brest tide gauge station (STATION_NUMBER = 103), 10 minute raw data (SOURCE_NUMBER = 2) between December 5 (start_date = 2011-12-05) and December 6, 2011 (end_date = 2011-12-06), you would enter the following:
taking care to enter the user name and password you were given when you registered.
It should be noted that when you have downloading rights for a station, you have access to all the data available on REFMAR.
Positive and negative surges are a product available for display on REFMAR. Consequently, access to downloading of this type of product is not automatic (SOURCE_NUMBER 6 to 9).
Similarly, predictions are also a product available for display on REFMAR but it is impossible to download them. Nevertheless, you can consult them on the SHOM tidal prediction site at the following address: http://www.shom.fr/les-services-en-ligne/predictions-de-maree/presentation/
Last update of the portlet : 18/12/2013