AMPHORE - Marine Protected Areas: biodiversity conservation tools and sustainable management of fishery resources (ANR BioDiv 2009).
The AMPHORE project brings together 13 partners (UR 070 IRD, UMR 5119 ECOLAG CNRS-UMII-IFREMER, EMH IFREMER, EPBX CEMAGREF, LEH Agrocampus Rennes, UMR 063 C3ED IRD UVSQ, CEDEM UBO, EA 3156 University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis, US 004 ACAPPELLA IRD CSRP Senegal, CNSHB Guinea, CRODT Senegal, IMROP Mauritania).
It is coordinated by the IRD, with a 4-year mission (January, 2008 to January, 2012).
This project has three objectives
- To define biological, ecological, economic, and social indicators for use in fisheries management
- To test the real effectiveness of MPAs and assess the economic activities and resulting benefits by ecosystem, trophodynamic, bio-economic, and multi-agent modelling
- To define decision-making systems for establishing MPA and define regional policies based on the notion of MPA networks.
To find out more
Last updated: 12/12/2012
- BATHYELLI (2011-2014)
- NIVEXT (2011-2014)
- ANR COCORISCO (2011-2014)
- ANR CECILE (2010-2013)
- ANR MAREMOTI (2009-2012)
- ANR AMPHORE (2008-2012)
- ANR MISEEVA (2008-2011)
- ANR EPIGRAM (2008-2011)
- OST-ST Long Term Trend Components in Sea Level from Tide Gauge and Satellite Altimetry Records (2008-2010)
- ANR VULSACO (2007-2010)
- IMPLIT (2005-2007)
- DISCOBOLE (2004-2006)