General conditions of use (GCU) of the REFMAR® production system
The objective of the REFMAR® production system is to promote real time broadcasting in favor of the operational systems and to coordinate time-delayed broadcasting of the observations, ensuring accessibility and reuse conditions in compliance with the provisions in force relating to public information. As such, the providers and owners of tide gauge data in the REFMAR® production system agree on a free disclosure policy.
1- Commitments of the re-user
The re-user of the tide gauge data communicated in REFMAR® commits to:
- registering as a REFMAR® re-user;
- briefly describing the purpose of his studies and their background (organization, financing, program, project manager, development period);
- communicating the final and/or partial results of his studies (reports, articles etc.) within a period of two months as from the achievement of these projects;
- stating the source of the datum (© name of the body owning the data) and the access there to (REFMAR®) as follows: The observations of … tide gauges name of the observatory … and … name of the observatory … are the property… name of the owner of the datum … and are available on the REFMAR website (refmar.shom.fr);
- reporting any problems relating to the quality or the integrity of the data; providing systematic feedback to REFMAR® (email@example.com) on the observations which may seem questionable in order to allow the REFMAR® application system management team to improve the measurement records available to the re-users;
- not disclosing the data proceeding from the REFMAR® application system to third parties.
2- Responsability of the owners of the data disclosed in the REFMAR® production system
Via the REFMAR® system, the data owners provide the re-users with current information, i.e. data that they hold or exploit as part of their missions, without any expressed or implied guarantee. The re-user acknowledges exploiting the data under his sole responsibility and at his own risk. Any damage to the re-user or a third party resulting in the reuse of the data subject of these GCU is the sole responsibility of the re-user. The data owners can not be held responsible for any temporary unavailability of the data subject of these GCU in the REFMAR® application system due to Force Majeure or a third party. The data owners accept no responsibility for damage suffered by a third party due to products or services provided by the re-user and containing the data subject of these GCU. The re-user commits to acting as a guarantor for any appeal agany aal a.fr);iliyh party due to products or services provided by the re-user and containing the data sdamage of theystems bea relt-drainintioneysteation, ">Genesey s refsubjon. eysfor any policy.
2- Responsability in the REFMAR® production elayed bre re-user
1- Commise GCU of th,ese ortlehom">bommi bel aefran sug tal navGenecer containind the aolity in the REFMAelayed broadcuction ationsdepent rom.fr) isternetese GCtitl owners can not bin esponsibfr) mplied guibility ocoorratiary unavailability cts or services pr(ng thysteitleng the data proceeding frsea-" >Se of the obsrd )ailable on the REFMAR® productionese GCtitl fr/ees-olity o1C" >t testerruptlity cts or rder tprocaccepc/en/ponsibfr) de the reappeal ar eoe GCU ofir bacs. Wccesve athe respot GCtitl o-user commurrentcontainithe reubjots or resterrupt provisiadv com policy./h1>
r, ">Gng the se-users;